Sunday, February 18, 2007

My weight loss challenge

I started weight watchers years ago when my brother Jim had lost his weight with WW. I was truly inspired. I lost 116 pounds - took me 2.5 years, but I did it! I was at my best when I met Todd, but after remodeling a house, getting married, and getting used to a new lifestyle, I had put on a few extra pounds. My weight wasn't at a point where I was totally worried about it, cause I still felt pretty good about myself.

Then, we got pregnant. I can say that I wasn't my best while I was pregnant and ate pretty much whatever I wanted....this being why I am not back to where I want to be. It has only been 2.5 weeks since Justin arrived, but I was hoping to fit into at least my 20 week clothes...I am not. I have lost about 30 pounds since I gave birth, and I am sure I gained some pounds for feeding Justin, but this is not an excuse!

I am vowing to get back on track! I am going to pull out all my old stuff and read through it all to get better aquinted with a healthier lifestyle....Todd is a good support system, and I need to do this for me. I just got back the OK to drive, so I will need to decide what meeting I want to attend. I used to always to go the Tuesday night class and afterward we had "girls night out" which meant dinner with the girls..might be nice to put this back into practice at least once a month with my friends.

I am amazed at how much extra points you have to eat because you are breastfeeding. I have yet to be able to eat all my points for the day. I started tracking a few days just too work at getting back on track. I miss a day or two here and there, but today is my first day at really tracking my points.

Here is to all of us and a good start or re-start to our challenge.

2 comments:

BandK said...

Hi Alicia, Thanks for your posting! It's wonderful that you are starting to take your extra weight off now before it gets out of hand. I know you can do it! What a relief to only have to lose 30 or so lbs. instead of over 100 like before! Its definitely do-able. We're here for ya!
Karen :-)

Dim and Jana said...

Good for you for getting back on track so soon. Lucky you with all those bonus points. Love ya