Friday, February 23, 2007

Alicia - First Weight In

Well, I did it. I so did not want to brave the scale at WW. What is it about getting on the scale that is so terrifying. I knew what it would be, as I weighed myself here at home. Just something about weighing in that makes it somehow "official".

Well, I need to loose 30 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and need to loose an additional 20 to be where I really want to be. I could loose more to get to my "goal" weight, but I really want to be realistic. So, I am looking at 50 pounds.

I asked the leader last night if I really have to eat all the points, and I knew the answer, but when you are breastfeeding, it adds a ton of points and it is truly hard to eat that much food - even with my late night snacks. So, this week, I am vowing to eat all the points and drink the water.

Last night I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes and it felt pretty good. Was thinking I could do this when Todd comes home for lunch, but I may end up doing it in the evenings and that might just work better for me. I think the weather is pretty good today, so Justin and I may just take a walk.

Here's to everyone having a good week this week!!!!!

1 comment:

BandK said...

Alicia, I'm so proud of you for getting back to WW as soon as possible after Justin! I know the 50 lbs. is discouraging, but its less than half of what you had to lose before! I had to laugh when you talked about having to eat "all those points" because most of us would die for that! The important thing is to make those points healthy foods. It is VERY easy to eat a lot of points; but more difficult to find healthy choices. Maybe use easy to eat foods like cheese, and peanut butter and crackers, etc.

When Justin gets a little older and gets more into a routine, it will be easier to eat regularly. And as the weather gets nicer, those outdoor walks will be good for both of you! :-)

It was great to see you last night. Have a great weekend!