Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Another good week

I just got back from a Weight Watcher meeting and to my surprise, I lost another 1.2 pounds, for a new total of 21.2

I recently have pulled out all my WW cookbooks and have been picking out recipes to try out each night of the week. So far, we have had this great Asian Chicken Salad over Jasmine Rice, Meatloaf with Broccoli, and a Chicken Casserole...also did a few others before my last trip to see Mom and Dad, and I can say all have been great.....I didn't know cooking could really be that easy. I have figured out it is really all in the planning. If I sit down before we go grocery shopping and get a list going, then I will have all the ingredients for when I want to cook a WW appropriate meal. And, the flavors are so good, you really would never know it was WW. I do think that Todd is loving this new inspired me...he gets dinner made about 5 or 6 nights a week for him..a big change from him cooking almost nightly! I have just never been inspired before.....

Today, I went to my old job and they threw me a going away party/birthday party for October people. I did have a piece of cake, but about half way through eating it, I just didn't really want it anymore, so I didn't eat the whole thing. I had forgotten how good it feels to make good choices. I was able to have some, but not over-indulge! And, I still was able to have a little bit of everything there, since everyone made pretty healthy stuff, salad, beans, couscous, rice, eggs, etc...

No comments: